Gary & Lilian Corke Wedding

adventscape, Australia, Corke, Greystanes, iori, Jerry, New South Wales, NSW, Philip Avellana, Renewal of Vows, Tudor Lodge, wedding
Gary Corke, Lilian, Corke, Vicki Lever


A videographer friend of mine, Jerry Naces invited me to film Gary and Lilian Corke's wedding last 12 April 2015.  Actually, it's a Renewal of Vows, they got wed 30 years ago.  It's the first time I went to this kind of event and it's interesting.  

Sergs Bacalso was the main photographer.  I also know him as we are a member of the photography group.



adventscape, Australia, Corke, Greystanes, iori, Jerry, New South Wales, NSW, Philip Avellana, Renewal of Vows, Tudor Lodge, wedding
Invitation


Wedding Details

There are a couple of interesting personalities at the wedding.  Below are the details of the main players of this wedding (from my perspective):


It's the first time I worked (and saw Jerry Naces).  It's a breeze working with him.  We made several arrangements before the wedding so that we're at equal agreement.  Sergs said it's the first time he took a wedding.  He doesn't have a website, thus I could not refer a link to his photos.


adventscape, Australia, Corke, Greystanes, iori, Jerry, New South Wales, NSW, Philip Avellana, Renewal of Vows, Tudor Lodge, wedding
Add caption



Ceremony / Renewal of Vows

I met Jerry at Western Sydney Parklands, particularly at Plough and Harrow West.  It's the first time I went to this location and the first time I met Jerry.  I knew Jerry from a couple of friends and I know he does video.  Sergs was also there giving me a warm welcome.  It's good to work with members of the same group!

Jerry and I decided that we go to Tudor Lodge as we need to arrive several minutes before the bride arrives.  This ensures that we get some footage of the guests before the wedding.  I also wanted to take some footage of the reception before guests come in.

Tudor Lodge and Western Sydney Parklands is about 15 minutes away.  So we need to go as soon as we're ready.  The wedding will be at 4:30pm.  Lilian wants to arrive at 4:00pm.  We decided to be there at 3:30pm.  This ensures that we grab a pre-wedding footage.


adventscape, Australia, Corke, Greystanes, iori, Jerry, New South Wales, NSW, Philip Avellana, Renewal of Vows, Tudor Lodge, wedding
The Vows

This time I met Vicki.  I was surprised that she offered to have me hook to her audio system.  She said that most videographers she met asked her to plug to her system.  I don't have a recorder back then so I said no.  I asked Jerry but he's comfortable using his mic.  But it's interesting to know what connections/plugs I'll use if I encounter this situation again.

We arrived 30 minutes before Lilian arrived.  So we got many shots of guests, location, park and the reception area.  Jerry went to film the garden where the wedding will take place.  I film the guests, their reaction and their conversation.  I also fimed some of the garden so that I can have it on my own video.  We then went inside to film the reception.  I only got a few footage of the reception as I ran out of time.


adventscape, Australia, Corke, Greystanes, iori, Jerry, New South Wales, NSW, Philip Avellana, Renewal of Vows, Tudor Lodge, wedding
Picture Picture


When the bride arrives, I was on observation mode.  I haven't seen any Renewal of Vows yet.  They said it's like a wedding, but I must see it for myself.  I tried to shoot more footage of the couple, the guest, the kids, the symbols (vows & ring) as I observe this event.  Now I can say that it's the same event as a wedding.

After the ceremony, there is a photo shoot.  This is where Sergs blasts away with photos.  I also volunteered to take photo for Sergs as Lilian is related to him.  I took some as well to put into this blog.


adventscape, Australia, Corke, Greystanes, iori, Jerry, New South Wales, NSW, Philip Avellana, Renewal of Vows, Tudor Lodge, wedding
The Cake

Reception

The reception is simple.  There was a DJ who is in charge of the audio.  But before any activity starts, everybody ate their dinner.  We continued to shoot so that we can grab as many footage as we can.

Like any other reception it has:


  • Dedication & speech from close individuals
  • Dedicated song from children
  • Photo shoot
  • Cutting of Cake
  • First Dance

Probably the greatest surprise among all activities at the reception was the bride's (and her friend's) dance number.  This was at the very end of the reception.  Lilian danced to the beat of Let's Get Loud by Jennifer Lopez.  This is a very intersting dance number!



adventscape, Australia, Corke, Greystanes, iori, Jerry, New South Wales, NSW, Philip Avellana, Renewal of Vows, Tudor Lodge, wedding
Reception Shoot


Final Thoughts

It's been a breeze doing this wedding.  Our preparation paid off as we managed to take videos systematically.  Even though I'm a second shooter, I managed to create the video below.  Please watch the video to see how this wedding (from ceremony to reception) took place.  I suggest you watch until the end.

Aside from the video, this is a link to photos I took.



Popular posts from this blog

Floriade 2014, AU

Jenn and Ogie Highlight Wedding Film